It's summertime in Exuma! Woot woot! Well, for many, it always feels like summertime in Exuma. June through August is a GREAT time to be on the water boating, snorkeling, scuba diving, and bobbing around. The occasional rain cloud may pay a visit but the seas are typically calm, the winds start to die down, and it gets warmer than a brick oven. With that, however, comes a couple typical island challenges. Heat and bugs. When visiting the islands in the summer months, we highly recommend you bring the following:
- Bug spray for mosquitoes - doesn't really work on the sand flies (in the states we know them as noseeums, but these leave a welt)
- Sandfly Away - Sandfly repellant made in Exuma and available in Exuma Markets, Smitty's, Prime Island Meats, Grand Isle, Lumina Point, and Sandals. Trust us on this one.
- Reef Safe Sunscreen
- Benadryl Itch Relief Stick
- Koozies for your drinks
- Extra hats and sunglasses
- Yeti or another insulated drink cup
- Cooling towel, optional but nice to have
We assure these will save you time, money and a little pain so you can make everlasting Exuma memories without the burns and bites to show for it. Tips like this and more are available in our Exuma guide. Happy travels!
Check out our curated map and guides of Great and Little Exuma here.